The Random Factor.

And so it was, that Random Factor had fallen in love with the girl sent to destroy him.  Too young, and indeed cursed.  I love stories from the world of Xanth.

“It has started with the kiss.  He had seen her laugh, and just had to kiss her.  Then the little orbiting hearts had enclosed them, and it was love.  They had been destined, or enchanted, to fall in love at their first opportunity.  He with her, so that he could not avoid her.  She with him so that she would constantly seek him out.  That was the first half of the trap.  Now they both wanted to avoid the second half.”

“How could they escape it, when they couldn’t stay away from each other?  That was the awful, wonderful challenge.  The Heaven and Hell of it.”

Thankfully for the denizens of Xanth, Piers Anthony is well in charge of things, and will certainly find a way for human turned centaur debra, and random factor to be together, despite a large and inappropriate difference in age, and several magically challenging obstacles.

Real life is hardly as accommodating.

15 replies on “The Random Factor.”

1. Christina K. says:

Dear Tobas,

I have been an avid reader of your blogging for quite sometime. As I reflect on that last sentence I would probably say close to 2 years as a matter of fact. For the most part I have been a silent reader taking in what you have stated and capturing the essence of you. Well, now I am speaking up,stepping forward and the time has come to let you know that your work is slipping. I no longer am captivated by what you have to say and your blogging has become dull – to say the least. I am sure this message is coming off in a way not intended, however I felt I needed to let you know that I will no longer be looking forward to your posts unless they get better than the shit you have been posting.
    -An angry reader
    Please write something worthy soon

2. Tobas says:

wow.

Thank you for reading my work, it is appreciated.

I respect your opinion, and to be honest, I agree with it very much.

I will be working on this tomorrow and my next post will be much improved.

3. Christina K. says:

So Tobas a question for you if I may? Are you single?
    You have got my attention and now I have the berve to muster that up, so hopefully I get the answer I am looking for!
    -Chrissy

4. Christina K. says:

*Nerve is what I meant to type

5. Tobas says:

I am unsure of my status at the moment, as it has not been specifically discussed. However, I hope that this will be rectified soon.

Single or not, I am focused on one individual. Until I am with her, or she somehow proves to be something other than what I believe she is. I am off the market unless I am led to believe something different.

So the short answer would be no, I do not consider myself single. I am sorry to disappoint, and I do appreciate you taking the time to read my mostly angry blurbs.

-Tobas

6. me says:

Hey Christina,
    From reading your blurbs it apperar that you had quite some time to make your move..Now you are too late.
    Back off, or as us “literature folk” often say..Turn the page!

7. Christina K. says:

Bitch,

I could have your man any day any time I want him..Guarantee he would drop you like a bad habit with one look at me. You are probably some fat ugly skank whom he has pitty for and stays for that reason. Think about that the next time you get in bed with him!

8. "The Bitch" says:

Dear Christina,

This is a reply from “The Bitch”.
    I will try to the best of my ability to break this down for you in terms that you may understand. I really do want you to grasp what I have to say, and clearly your lack of intelligence is blatantly obvious based on your previous post.
    #1) Since obviously you are quite confident about someone(me)getting dropped like a bad habit, perhaps we should both email a picture and just see who is getting dropped!
    #2) The next time I get into bed with him, I am sure that I will NOT be thinking about anything you have had to say.LMAO
    #3)Let the better woman win..
    See ya when I am looking back at you from the finish line~

9. m says:

lol t, these comments are hilarious.. and yes I am reading posts from over a year ago

10. Tobas says:

for the record, the funniest thing is that these two are actually the same person. it was never confirmed, but I strongly suspect it.

11. m says:

Oh damn.. Why do you always get involved with the crazies?

12. Tobas says:

because in the case of human relationships, like tends to attract like.

13. m says:

Must be why we never worked out. I’ve always been the sane one…

14. Tobas says:

“literature folk”

absolutely my favorite term ever.

Is that why?

::shakes head dubiously::

I’m not so sure about that lo.

15. m says:

Yeah, you’re probably right.