Mr. Howard

[But the 37-year-old insists there is a big romance story in his life — he’s trying to reconcile with his estranged wife, Lori, with whom he has three kids.

The pair wed in 1989 but have had a turbulent marriage.

Howard adds, “I’m still married. I’m still trying to get my wife back.

“I’m always gonna … ’til she puts the last nail in that coffin, and I’m hoping she don’t. (She) filed for divorce but I’m still trying to campaign. My three kids are campaigning for me, too.

“They’ll make sure that anybody who comes sniffing around gets a bloody nose.” ]

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the great Terrence Howard.

Sure, that man could be out there, with plenty of money, banging a swath through loose hollywood vaginas, but what is he doing?  He is trying to save his marriage, and making sure his kids know that even though daddy is a hotshot, he loves their mommy and that his marriage and his children are first priority.

Not only that, he is advocating violence from his children to drive away potential homewreckers. That is brilliant, ballsy, and beautiful.

In a world full of horrible tabloid stories, this one has surprisingly been absent from supermarket news stands, why?  Simple, because it is about a decent human being, just trying to do the right thing.

I have gone so far as to draft a letter to Mr. Howard wishing him luck.  I hope for his sake that he married a woman who understands the concept of marriage the way he does, and who has enough self respect to put her commitments and children first.

I have always liked him in the movies, especially since he has a wonderful underdog story.  And I feel he is a terrific actor.

But now, I have a newfound respect for him, this time as a man.

It is hard for any man to put away our dignity, and self-respect to publicly admit one is trying to work out a relationship.  But for a man of his prominance to pine for his wife of over ten years, is incredible, and rarely seen these days.  Especially in tinseltown.

For my male readers.  Imagine being him for a moment, and the amount of poontang you can command at any time.  And yet, it is his wife he wants.

This is the kind of story that makes me think maybe marriage isn’t the load of crap it turned out to be for me.

I don’t know you Lori, but wake up.  I do, means I do.  Forever.  He may be a husla’ baby, but he is your husband, and he obviously loves you.

I hope this has a happy ending.

Live it, Love it, (honor it)

-Tobas

11 replies on “Mr. Howard”

1. R says:

yet again.. who cares if he beat her or cheated on her with a pile of whores? they’re MARRIED! that means she has to put up with the scumbag for LIFE!
    right?
    riiiiiiggggght.
    whatever. every time you post something like this i lose respect for you. and that makes me really really sad.
    you dont advocate him changes his ways.. or understanding that sometimes you just shouldnt settle. whether youre a man or a woman.
    you just advocate being stuck with someone.. because you’re pissed that didnt happen with you.
    this makes me really really sad.

2. Tobas says:

Well now, I dont recall ever posting the details of his marriage, so your assumptions about what went on during it, are exactly that, assumptions.

Why should he change his ways? Are you Lori? Do you know what went wrong?

That is an emphatic NO.

Once again. I do not advocate being STUCK, with someone, but I do advocate living up to your promises. I agree with one thing though, you should definitely not settle.

Hell, date around, spread your seed, spread your legs, practice beastiality! Its all good.

But, once you get done cleaning the donkey spunk off your cheeks, and slap a band around your finger, it’s time to realize that, yes, in fact you are stuck, so make the fucking best of it.

I find it ironic that you lose respect for me, and yet you are the one advocating jumping ship when the going gets rough, or when you realize that maybe you should have thought once, or twice, or ten times before marrying and/or reproducing with another human being.

Hey look, do what you like, but as I have said many a time, if you have a better solution that does not involve the level of commitment implied in marriage, then by all means do that, and put another lawyer out of business. Until then, accept the fact that “I do” and “til death do you part” are not fucking suggestions.

Of course I am pissed, I will never stop being pissed. Yet, that has no bearing on my level of respect for Mr. Howard. He is trying to do the right thing, regardless of your shifty and flighty suggestions, and that merits praise.

It is ideas like yours that keep our courts full, and our children fatherless.

Shame on you.

(and thank you for reading)

-Tobas

3. R says:

I wasnt talking about settling before marriage. I was talking about settling after marriage. You marry someone thinking they are a certain person, and if you are proven wrong, you should never, EVER, feel like you are obligated to stay “because you are married”.
    Marriage is an ideal that fails for most people, because most people are not worthy.
    And you’re right.. you should think twice before getting into it, because most people cant handle the concept of what a marriage should be. Cheating, betrayal, and immaturity have no place in a marriage, which is why it fails so often.. most people havent grown up enough to get past their need for those things.
    You included.
    Accept that you made mistakes, and thats why it happened. Not because the woman you were with was a stupid flaky whore. You’re making excuses to validate and cover for bad behavior.. and thats wrong.

4. R says:

Maybe youre missing my point.. though im not sure how:
    The problem is not “people need to be stuck once married and they currently arent”.
    The problem is the reasons for WHY people are getting divorced.
    Fix those reasons.. less divorce.
    meaning: stop cheating/beating/being a jerk.. and people will stay with you. if you continue doing those things, you should expect to continue being deserted.
    as you should be.. you reap what you sow.

5. R says:

“you” being generic.

6. Tobas says:

I do see your point, and I have stated in the past that there are certainly valid reasons for divorce.

Beatings, drug addictions, unwillingness to work towards solutions. there is definitely criteria there.

I just dont believe the majority of divorces in america fit these criteria.

I firmly believe the majority of women today are getting divorces for purely selfish reasons. This is supported by our heavily skewed justice system, which has basically converted modern marriage into a powerball drawing.

As far as reaping what people sow.

I doubt this very highly, there are way too many well off individuals and families that earned their fortunes from climbing on the backs of others, and swimming through lakes of blood.

Karma is a self activated system.

I think the opposite about a solution however. Make marriage that much stiffer, and the penalities harsher, and it will fix itself, one way or the other.

There is good and bad in everyone, and people make mistakes, we are human after all, should we suffer forever for them? Can a promise be discarded because of them?

Maybe, but I think if a person comes back with a sincere willingness to try and find a solution, and expresses this and his love for his wife, (assuming he hasn’t been beating her senseless, or doing something extremely horrendous)

I feel the wife is obligated to at least make an attempt to fix what went wrong, at least try and keep your promise. Girlfriend? No. Fiance? No.

Wife, well, thats what you signed up for honey. Sure, it sounds shitty, but that is the truth of it.

If you really do believe in the karmic consequences, well just imagine the stain on your soul for abandoning a promise so huge, for what? another man? money? revenge?

a promise is a promise is a promise.

-Tobas

7. R says:

yeah. lets compromise..
    as you are in the pre-nup writing.. ask her “hey, IF i cheat on you.. you realize i expect you to stay and work it out cuz you love me…. right?” and if she says.. “what? oh HELL no” then, you know you cant get married..
    so thats the answer! pre-nups for everyone!
    we must COMMUNICATE! 🙂
    makes sense.

8. Tobas says:

no, no, no, there is no excuse for that sort of behavior, I am in full agreement,

but, as I said before,

there is no excuse not to give it a chance to work out in the case of a sincere effort made. particularly in the case of marriage.

everyone deserves a chance at redemption, especially in the face of a strong effort in other areas of the marriage.

like I said, it is inexcusable, yet there is no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

9. R says:

I feel as strongly about it being “unforgivable and unacceptable to keep that type of person in my life” as you do about “deserving a chance at redemption”.
    We wont agree.. but i understand where you are coming from.

10. Fartypants McTooter says:

Do you have horns? Because you’re a WHINOCEROS! Wah wah wah!

11. Tobas says:

whinoceros > wahhhambulance.

I like you mystery person.